Toronto police to provide update on Bruce McArthur investigation Monday

Toronto police to provide update on Bruce McArthur investigation Monday

Toronto police to provide update on Bruce McArthur investigation Monday

Canadian alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur is now facing an eighth murder charge.

Det-Sgt. Hank Idsinga will be addressing reporters at Toronto Police's headquarters at 10:30 a.m., three days after police announced the identification of the man.

Idsinga says Kanagaratnam's remains were found at a home McArthur used as storage for his landscaping business.

Police believe Kanagaratnam was killed between 3 September and 14 December, 2015.

Police say Kanagaratnam arrived in 2010 from Sri Lanka and lived in Scarborough.




The Post reported in March that McArthur, according to source close to the investigation, changed his pattern when it came to targeting potential victims after being interviewed as a witness in the disappearance of Skandaraj Navaratnam - a man who would later be identified as a victim. The other victims have been linked.

On Friday, police confirmed that they had identified the man in the photo but investigators have not released the name of the man or provided any details about his death. He would have been 37 years old at the time of his death, Idsinga said. After receiving assistance from an unnamed worldwide government agency, Idsinga said police were able to identify the victim.

Police said there are now no known links between Kanagaratnam and the "Gay Village" of Toronto which other victims are known to have visited.

"He doesn't quite fit the profile of what we've seen before", Idsinga said. Later that month, McArthur was charged with the murders of Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi, and Dean Lisowick. McArthur had previously faced seven charges of first-degree murder.

Latest News