Donald Trump Condemns 'Sickness and Hatred' Behind Paris Terror Attack

US President Donald Trump. PTI file

US President Donald Trump. PTI file

Terrorist Hasan Azimov who committed before the knife attack in Paris, was born in Chechnya, but has long lived in France, and this country made him a criminal, said on 13 may, the head of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov. "At some point countries will have to open their eyes & see what is really going on", he wrote on Twitter on Sunday.

President Trump has often responded to terror attacks by suggesting that the way they are handled, particularly in European nations, is ineffective.

France has been targeted in a string of Islamist attacks since January 2015, most of which have been claimed by ISIS or carried out in its name. The alleged assailant was shot by the police and was pronounced dead.

Amaq, the ISIL propaganda agency, released a video on Sunday in which it claimed responsibility for the attack, with footage which it claims shows Azimov pledging allegiance to the jihadist group. Habib, a former vice president of the CRIF umbrella group of French Jewish communities, expressed his condolences to the surviving victims and their families and expressed his appreciation for police's rapid response.

Prosecutor Francois Molins said counterterrorism authorities are leading the investigation on potential charges of murder and attempted murder in connection with terrorist motives. "Acts like this only strengthen the resolve of the global coalition to defeat ISIS and drive it out of existence".




Paris police officers evacuated people from some buildings in the Right Bank neighborhood after the attack, which happened on rue Monsigny at about 9 p.m. (1900 GMT.) Bar patrons and opera-goers described surprise and confusion in the immediate area.

One source said he had been questioned past year "because he knew a man who was in contact with a person who had gone to Syria".

BFM TV said the attacker had long lived in Strasbourg before moving to Paris a year ago.

French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb praised the work of police and is urging people to be careful about spreading fake news, tweeting: "Please do not share misinformation". In addition to the person who died, two others were seriously injured and were transferred to George Pompidou Hospital, he added.

Latest News