Police in Las Vegas have released a DVD that the department says contains witness statements and officer reports about last year's mass shooting that killed 58 people and injured hundreds on the Las Vegas Strip.
A man who met Las Vegas mass shooter Stephen Paddock less than a month before the October 1 attack told authorities that Paddock had ranted against the government and warned that law enforcement and the military would start confiscating guns.
"Sometimes sacrifices have to be made".
Another court date was set for a Mesa man accused of selling armor-piercing ammunition to the gunman behind the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.
Read the full story at Fox News.
Fans at the Route 91 country music festival, which had been staged directly below Paddock's room, said in the documents they heard gunshots that sounded like firecrackers - and one man said he tried to run away during breaks in gunfire.
According to the Associated Press, the unidentified man told investigators that he had met Paddock outside of a sporting goods store about a month before the shooting.
One woman (names are blacked out in the police documents) told police: There was a noise to our right.
"On the third round of shots is when". One left a red bandanna on her friend's face.
A woman who fell wounded said another woman who pushed her was shot five times. She had to jump over the dead body of a security guard on her way before crawling under a stage only a few feet high.
Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said early this month the police investigation was not finished.
"He keep on staring at me", the housekeeper said, reporting that Paddock was on his computer at the time but that she did not see the screen. He also apologized to the public for the release of information that he said would "further traumatize a wounded community".
A preliminary report released by Lombardo in January said Paddock meticulously planned the attack and scouted potential targets in at least four cities where he rented rooms in buildings overlooking outdoor concerts. A spokesman for the police department and an Federal Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman in the city did not comment to the AP on the release. The release came after news organizations investigating police, emergency responders' and hotel employees' response to the attack sued for the release of videos, 911 recordings, evidence logs and interviews.
Police two weeks ago released video from two officers' body-worn cameras showing police blasting through the door of the 32nd-floor hotel suite where authorities say the gunman opened fire from windows and killed himself before officers arrived.
The department has not provided all the materials it compiled. The hotel said the images show that Paddock gave no outward indications of the massacre he was planning to carry out.