Three Civilians Dead after Missile Fired by Houthi Targets Saudi Jazan

Omani Researcher Saudi War on Yemen three times worse than Holocaust

3 Reported Killed in Missile Attack in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia launched a war against the Houthis in March 2015, after the rebels drove Yemen's internationally recognised government from the capital, Sanaa.

Egypt strongly condemned on Sunday a Houthi missile attack on Saudi Arabia late Saturday, leaving three civilians dead.

His efforts to convince the rebels to hand over control of Al Hodeidah to UN-supervised global forces had failed, according to reports.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in a statement, said the United States was closely monitoring the situation near Yemen's main port city of Hodeidah and that he had spoken with leaders of the neighboring United Arab Emirates. The fighting has escalated as government forces close in on the Red Sea port city of Hodeida - a vital lifeline through which most of Yemen's food and medicine enters.

Mr Hadi is visiting the UAE on the advice of King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia, Yemen's state-run news agency, Saba, reported.

"I hope that there will be a way to avoid the military confrontation in Hodeida", Guterres told reporters.




Maintaining open corridors for the aid and avoiding a humanitarian crisis in a city inhabited by half a million people is the priority for Washington, he said.

When asked about the three-day deadline to NGOs, Saudi-led coalition spokesman Turki al-Malki said at a news conference in Riyadh: "We are working through open and continuous channels with the United Nations envoy to give a chance for a political solution".

"Our top priority is helping to ensure the 22 million Yemenis who need some form of humanitarian aid and protection receive the assistance they need", Grande said last week. The U.N.is also pushing the militants to turn over arms in exchange for an end to the bombing campaign and a transitional governance deal.

Griffiths, who briefed the council by video conference from Amman, has revived a year-old plan to turn over Hodeida port to a neutral party, diplomats said.

The United Nations has warned that up to 250,000 people were at risk if the coalition moves ahead with an all-out offensive to take the port, which is a major entry point for commercial supplies and aid.

The UN's Yemen mediator, Martin Griffiths, has been holding talks with the Houthis to hand over control of the port to the United Nations, Yemeni political sources have said.

Latest News