Fekir has now spoken for the first time since his failed switch, and would not be drawn on Liverpool speculation but revealed his future would be resolved at a later date.
Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea may be on alert regarding Nabil Fekir, as reported by The Sun, but the Lyon star's agent's latest comments - as reported by Metro - suggest that the France global could still end up at Liverpool.
Fekir appeared set to move to Liverpool before the World Cup kicked off, only for Lyon to call off negotiations.
As per the Daily Mail, Liverpool had agreed a £53m deal following lengthy negotiations with Lyon and Fekir was set to sign a five-year contract worth around £140,000-a-week after undergoing his medical in Paris shortly before he flew out to Russian Federation earlier this month.
According to The Sun, Fekir, who can operate as an attacking midfielder or as a forward, has been offered to Premier League clubs for £66 million, with Tottenham and Chelsea reportedly on alert and Lyon claimed to be open to selling the Frenchman in the summer transfer window. The deal then broke down, with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insisting Fekir's future lies in France.
And upon revealing that talks with Liverpool had broken down, Lyon underlined their intentions to keep the France global. We work a lot on it, we reinforce it. "But I honestly feel like before my injury", he told reporters.
"It was great to see Jean-Michel Aulas yesterday [Monday] but we did not at all discuss my situation at Lyon", Fekir said, as Didier Deschamps' men prepare to tackle Peru in Ekaterinburg on Thursday.
He added: "I am with the France team, I am happy to be here. We will see about all that later", he said.