Man finds wife, her lover dead in carbon monoxide-filled garage

In an enclosed space carbon monoxide produced by a vehicle can be deadly. More

In an enclosed space carbon monoxide produced by a vehicle can be deadly. More

It was there where police say he found his wife, 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave, and the male mechanic.

Kahali Johnson of Newark, N.J., discovered both his wife and a man in the garage with a running vehicle.

Kahali Johnson says he returned home Monday night to a strong odor of gas in his Newark, NJ, apartment. It seems that they started getting freaky in the garage, while the engine of the vehicle was running, and they died before they even realized what was happening to them, People Magazine reports.

As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic, he's laid out.

Sources told the station the man killed was the woman's mechanic.




Johnson believes that his wife died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and criticized the apartment for not having proper alarm systems in the garage.

'And pretty much I had to call 911, because at this time, with that level of emissions, I knew that they were gone'.

The names of the woman and man found dead are now being withheld by Newark Police.

"Basically she died because of carbon monoxide", Johnson said, according to Fox News. We don't know, ' she said. I want her to see me graduate high school.

One of her daughters, Khalisha Johnson, told CBS she didn't understand why they hadn't been installed considering other security precautions had been taken. "She was everything to me". Why can't they get smoke detectors? As the New York Post reported, the girl's 22-year-old partner turned on the vehicle so the couple could keep warm, and she was overcome by carbon monoxide.

Latest News