The ambassadors of the Netherlands and Denmark as well as the chargé d'affaires at the British embassy in Tehran were summoned separately on Saturday evening over the Ahvaz shooting, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.
Militants disguised as soldiers opened fire Saturday on an annual Iranian military parade in the country's oil-rich southwest, killing at least 25 people and wounding over 60 in the deadliest terror attack to strike the country in almost a decade.
An Iranian ethnic Arab opposition movement called the Ahvaz National Resistance, which seeks a separate state in oil-rich Khuzestan province, claimed responsibility for the attack.
While Iranian officials have not directly named the Gulf states, their comments are believed to be directed at Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Israel, which all have hostile relations with Iran and have promised to counter its influence in the region, including inside the country.
On his Instagram account, Rouhani said: "Those who are supporting these terrorists will be held responsible".
Speaking at a military rally in Tehran, he said Trump will fail in the "economic and psychological war" he's launched against Iran, just as Hussein failed in his war against the Islamic Republic.
According to media reports, the Al-Ahvaziya terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the attack. 'We listened to Iran's reading of the situation and we offered our condolences for the attack, ' the ministry is quoted as saying by broadcaster NOS.
"The small puppet countries in the region are backed by America, and the United States is provoking them and giving them the necessary capabilities". "Mr. Rouhani can also use this global tribune for criticizing Trump's policies".
The political deputy governor of Khuzestan Province, Ali Hossein Hosseinzadeh, put the latest death toll from the attack at 25, saying 60 others have been injured.
Parsi also criticized many in the corporate media for calling the incident a "military parade attack" instead of a terror attack that killed numerous civilians.
Saudi Arabia's de-facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, said past year that "we won't wait for the battle to be in Saudi Arabia".
There has been a blizzard of furious statements from top Iranian officials, including President Hassan Rouhani, accusing Iran's adversaries the United States and Gulf states of provoking the bloodshed and threatening a tough response.
Elsewhere, Rouhani said that the US seeks to cause chaos in Iran, however, he said Washington will never reach its objectives.
The parade in Ahvaz, a city with a population of more than a million people, was one of many happening nationwide in honor of Sacred Defense Week, marking the 38th anniversary of Iran's 8-year war with Iraq.
CNN can not verify the authenticity of the video, which Amaq said it "obtained" and published on Sunday, a day after the attack that killed 29 people and wounded 70 others. His statement was widely interpreted as a sign that Riyadh would dramatically escalate tensions with Iran and intensify its support for various armed groups opposing the government in Tehran.
The intelligence minister, Mahmoud Alavi, said a large network of suspects had already been arrested in connection with the attack, the judiciary's news agency Mizan reported.
Iranian analysts said the attack may benefit the Guards.